Furuno

Bob Meola

Reaction score
Electronics.jpgWhile underway yesterday DGPS froze and then of course sounder wasn't working as we were moving buoy to buoy. I got error message on DGPS no fix!!!!! After about 1/2 hour or so it started working again. Do you think antenna is shot. It has been on boat since I bought her new in 2005. Any suggestions

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Differential GPS or DGPS requires a land-based surveyed site transmitting to your receiver. If you are truly using the DGPS then you need to have that specific transmitter dialed in near you. If you are referring to WAAS, that is a different enhancement and doesn’t require a specific land based transmitter in your area. Are you sure you are using DGPS? Another consideration is that the military was playing around in your area and jamming. You can check that on the satellite NOTAMS that Coast Guard puts out.

Last edited:

Meanwhile

Reaction score
That GPS antenna timed out a bit ago. Take a look at your recent tracks, it probably shows the wrong date. I replaced mine for the same reason, 2007 boat.

Log into the Furuno community board and ask the same question. They are very good at answering questions.