Fusion Radios

Collector21

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thinking about changing to a Fusion radio with networking to control from the Garmin. Looking for anyone who knows what the differences are in all the network models. I would like to control the cabin and back deck separately and have Bluetooth and or docking compatibility to stream from the ipnone. Can mount a head unit in the cabin and would like a remote at the helm. Just seems so many different models and not familiar at all with Fusion Link. Also thinking maybe changing speakers and adding a sub later on.
Thanks for any help, I'm all confused.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm in the same position. There are the single DINs (fit in the traditional size slot) and the dual DINs that fit in the larger slots. The single DIN models have less power, less zones and features and would require a plate if you have a dual DIN slot currently. The larger models have either mono 650 or color 755 displays, more power, more zones and network capability. You can bump the dual DINs up and get a cd/dvd player as well. Looks like there is only a mono remote. I think on a smaller boat all you really need are the single DIN model for basic functionality (AM. FM and Bluetooth).

I'm thinking the mono dual DIN 650 with a remote (to have helm control but could save $200 and use your display) as this would fit perfectly in the holes I have.

Check out BOE marine. They have some paired with speakers.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I put a Kenwood in mine this past summer and it lets you connect to iPhone direct USB or bluetooth. The helm has a kenwood remote and there is a Kenwwod app that allows you to control the radio from anywhere on the boat on your phone. The radio has AM/FM, Serius and a bunch of other streaming services. Also has CD player. It was $149 for the unit and I think the remote for the helm was $79.

slcarley

Reaction score
I replaced my kenwood last winter with a Fusion MS-RA70N - it is nmea compatible so I can control through my chartplotter as well as the phone app, has 2 zones for speakers..................

Fishtales

Reaction score
I put a Kenwood in mine this past summer and it lets you connect to iPhone direct USB or bluetooth. The helm has a kenwood remote and there is a Kenwwod app that allows you to control the radio from anywhere on the boat on your phone. The radio has AM/FM, Serius and a bunch of other streaming services. Also has CD player. It was $149 for the unit and I think the remote for the helm was $79.

Do you have the model by chance? The Kenwood that came with the boat is a double DIN size. Did you replace with a double DIN one? All I saw were singles which would need a face plate.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Do you have the model by chance? The Kenwood that came with the boat is a double DIN size. Did you replace with a double DIN one? All I saw were singles which would need a face plate.

The radio came with a face plate and it fit perfectly original molded slot
dimensions

6168621 KDC-BT372U 99.99
CD, BT, FT USB & AUX, SXM, PA
Sales Tax 6.25
----------
Subtotal 99.99
Sales Tax 6.25
==========
Total 106.24
Width - 182(mm)7-3/16(in) Height - 53(mm)2-1/16(in)
Depth - 158(mm)6-1/4(in)

Fishtales

Reaction score
Great thanks. I'm either going to go with the Kenwood and remote for less than $200 or jump all in and do the Fusion UD750 with Fusion speakers and remote for just under $1K. Seems crazy that the Fusion remote alone is the cost of the Kenwood.