FYI - Sanitation Hoses

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Giving all a heads up. (Seriously, no pun intended!)

I'm in the middle of replacing all sanitation hoses on my 06 258. Splashed a little late this year and when the Admiral used the head for the first time, she noticed some leakage on the hose to the tank when flushing. On further inspection the hose was coming apart from dry rot. Today I pulled the deck panel to take some measurements and see what else may need replacing. I was surprised at the extent of the dry rot. The macerator discharge was in really bad shape. Although I rarely use it, what a mess that would have been! Bought enough hose to replace all and will hopfully get the job done tomorrow.

I guess I should have been more wary of this but "my bad". Will also be looking at all the other rubber on the boat and vow to keep a better vigil in the future.

If you haven't been checking like me, CHECK NOW!

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Job done and my wife is VERY happy! Just need to caulk the deck panel in some time this week. Checked the boat's other hoses and all look good. Not as much of a mess as I would have expected. This will make a much happier vacation in a couple of weeks!!