G/W 330 Express

Budco

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase and older 330 Express (2003 - 2008). I would appreciate any helpful hints.

ocdansar

Reaction score
Survey the hull check for delamination around the rear vents on outside of hull.
The 330 is a great boat. I’m on my second. I think 08 is when they changed the floor design in the cockpit. That’s the year I really wanted but found my 03 for a really good price. New power and new electronics won out over the floor change.
good luck with your search.

bartoma

Reaction score
My 265 was 12 years old when I bought it, so been there...

First and foremost, get a high quality survey done... Make sure they are thorough in inspecting thru hulls and transom for water intrusion... Check the tanks for leaks, condition of hoses, yada... Obviously, check the engine compression, exhaust corrosion, etc. All the systems need to be checked - hot water, genset, pumps, etc... Get in deep and dig around... As long as the hull is solid, the engines check out, and the systems are functional, no issues with the fuel tanks, etc., things usually turn out OK... Always good if you are able to get a sense of what the ownership/maintenance history has been... If someone were to buy my boat, I would be able to tell them anything they could ever want to know, because I am meticulous and I do all the work on it myself... Good if you can find one owned by an engaged, conscientious seller... But always hire a surveyor and dig in there...

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I looked to move up to one a few years ago, same age range for budgetary reasons. All of the ones in my area were owned by guys that bought them new or newer as their 'forever boat'. Then after years the kids grew up and a lot of them had sat, and sat, and sat then the realization came that they needed to downsize. That was the biggest issue that was on every single one I saw. I found the bilge access on the older ones was a pain, I forget what year that changed, want to say 08. Loved that boat, but couldn't find the right one and ended up keeping my 282, doubled down on renovating her this offseason. Seems to always be a handful of 08's with the 350's out there, plenty of info on those early motors. I found the 250's underpowered for my tastes but many are perfectly happy with that power.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Not mine; no affiliation ..and not a 330, but... I thought I would provide this anyway..