Galvanized Trailer Brand Recommendation

bdubz06

Reaction score
Hey Guys:

I think I have decided instead of converting my 2004 EZ Loader bunk trailer to rollers, I am going to just buy a new trailer. My trailer is practically brand new and I think it has quite a bit of value. It has only been in salt water two times in its lifetime. What do you guys think its worth? It is a 4700# tandem bunk with drum brakes. Brand new condition.

What brand of trailer do you recommend? I am looking at a EZ Loader or a King trailer (local to the NW).

Thanks for your input and help.

Brad

Kenlahr

Reaction score
Loadmaster

I have a Loadmaster. It's a great trailer and Gary was a great guy to work with. They will customize it to anything you want.
Here is the contact information.

Gary R. Straw II
Assistant General Manager
www.loadmastertrailerco.com
loadmaster@cros.net
phone 800-258-6115
fax 419-732-2183

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Venture and Load Rite both make galvanized roller trailers. But, they are lso built on the East Coast. Unless someone has a load going your way, the freight will likely make the cost of a new trailer unpalatable.

Besides King and/or EZ Loader, you might check with Pacific or Trail-Rite, both of which have facilities in California.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
My father and I both ea have 5 Star trailers. I know mine has torsion axles and disk breaks, I believe my father's trailer does too

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
bdubz06 said:
Hey Guys:

I think I have decided instead of converting my 2004 EZ Loader bunk trailer to rollers, I am going to just buy a new trailer. My trailer is practically brand new and I think it has quite a bit of value. It has only been in salt water two times in its lifetime. What do you guys think its worth? It is a 4700# tandem bunk with drum brakes. Brand new condition.

What brand of trailer do you recommend? I am looking at a EZ Loader or a King trailer (local to the NW).

Thanks for your input and help.

Brad
I'm on second Eagle Galvanized trailer and like them very much. I have owned them since 2002 on two different boats, one Boston Whaler and my current Grady-White. Both my trailers have been bunk not rollers. They are located in Michigan which may not work for you.
I almost went with a Loadmaster, Port Clinton, OH, but my dealer had a relationship w/ Eagle so it was easier. I agree w/ Ken Lahr that the Straws @ Loadmaster are great people to work with. I would recommend them as well.

bdubz06

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I went looking at EZ Loader and King trailers today and they seem to be ok. I like the gauge of the steel on the King trailers and their disc brakes. I am thinking of going with a 5200 or 5400# trailer for my Grady 208.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
go heavier than normal
i just upgraded our trailer
i went torsion axle, it is the only way to go!!!

gw204

Reaction score
There was a '92 Load Rite under my Sailfish when I bought it. I was looking to do some long pulls so I upgraded to one with more capacity. That trailer was in great shape for it's age and I wouldn't hesitate for one second to buy another.