Garmin 2006c Fishfinder / GPS

jweschler

Reaction score
I am trying to find out if some one has some setting for their fishfinder. All I am getting is small lines and does not show the archs for fish. I have tried different setting with gain and so forth. Can you tell me how you have it set and then I can tell if it is my Transducer having issues or not. Thanks.

richie rich

Reaction score
J, does that model come with the option of arcs or lines? Many units simply have the sonar echo in lines or colored blotches. The manual should say if there is a way to swicth it...if you don't have a manual, get on their website as the FAQ or tech line could help you.

seasick

Reaction score
jweschler said:
I am trying to find out if some one has some setting for their fishfinder. All I am getting is small lines and does not show the archs for fish. I have tried different setting with gain and so forth. Can you tell me how you have it set and then I can tell if it is my Transducer having issues or not. Thanks.
I am not sure what problem you are describing but here is a link to the manual
http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/GPSMAP20 ... Manual.pdf

Bokat

Reaction score
I've had a 2006c for about 6 years and didn't know it had fishfinder capabilities. Was that feature added in a software update? I do have a data port on the back of the unit that says "for future use", maybe that is what it's for. Anyone know?

dan313

Reaction score
The 2006c has depth finder/fish finder capabilites, you need to install a sounding unit and transducer. As far as the lines for fish finding you need to go into the setup pages and click on sounder. you can change the settings there.

Lenny

Bokat

Reaction score
Dan 313,

Thanks for the info.

jweschler,

Sorry to derail your post. Maybe someone has some info that will help you if you haven't gotten your issue figured out yet. Anyone have more info?