Model
Seafarer

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
You have to pay attention to details on MFDs. It appears that price is without a transducer.
Also its older g3 charts not the latest US + Canada Navionics+

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Not a bad price for the times.
Glad I bought mine 2 years ago. $799 with transducer!
If only I could get my paycheck to go up 40% in 2 years.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You have to pay attention to details on MFDs. It appears that price is without a transducer.
Also its older g3 charts not the latest US + Canada Navionics+
The $1,499 price on the Garmin website doesn't include a transducer either, that's just the price for the MFD. I think that I paid $1,299 for mine a year ago on a sale as well as a price match from BOE Marine, but that also didn't include a transducer, I had to buy that separately. Also, that would depend on if someone wanted the newest charts, or if they were just fine with the G3 charts.

Coastboater

Reaction score
I found a 12” ecomap at Bass Pro on sale for my current boat that included a GT54. May want to check their sales.
The ClearVu and SideVu features are pretty cool bit the echo series are suited for shallow waters. I think it’s 350 watts which should reach 200’ depth, maybe, but suited my needs. I don’t lose depth at any boat speed.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The $1,499 price on the Garmin website doesn't include a transducer either, that's just the price for the MFD. I think that I paid $1,299 for mine a year ago on a sale as well as a price match from BOE Marine, but that also didn't include a transducer, I had to buy that separately. Also, that would depend on if someone wanted the newest charts, or if they were just fine with the G3 charts.
I have all Garmin stuff. I've spent a lot of time & money making choices. I have found one thing over the years is that GARMIN dealers never discount the latest greatest version of any model or product.
When you see a "sale" price, the product is not the newest offering. That doesn't mean its not worth the price or not a really good product. Sometimes the same model# can be quite different in resolution,speed, interfaces(Wifi, Garmin Network ethernet ports...). Look at all of the iterations of the previous x42 models. There are some very old "new" garmin products being discounted at WM and Hodges and GPSStore. Also, the included charts are always a consideration when you see a lower price.

So my point is that when you are comparing by price, you have to read the description carefully to understand why its discounted compared to list.
I bought a 1242xsv Touch Plus (the last version of xx42) right when the 1243xsv came out. It was a great discount. Had I bought it the week before I would have paid full price.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have all Garmin stuff. I've spent a lot of time & money making choices. I have found one thing over the years is that GARMIN dealers never discount the latest greatest version of any model or product.
When you see a "sale" price, the product is not the newest offering. That doesn't mean its not worth the price or not a really good product. Sometimes the same model# can be quite different in resolution,speed, interfaces(Wifi, Garmin Network ethernet ports...). Look at all of the iterations of the previous x42 models. There are some very old "new" garmin products being discounted at WM and Hodges and GPSStore. Also, the included charts are always a consideration when you see a lower price.

So my point is that when you are comparing by price, you have to read the description carefully to understand why its discounted compared to list.
I bought a 1242xsv Touch Plus (the last version of xx42) right when the 1243xsv came out. It was a great discount. Had I bought it the week before I would have paid full price.
And my point would be that I bought my unit last year with a G3 map card and I have no issues with it. Not everyone needs the newest, latest or greatest products out there. One day I might update or upgrade them to something newer, but what I have currently works just fine for me. The specs are also the same as the specs that Garmin has on their website, although yes the maps are the "old" G3 charts. Lastly, the 1242xsv Plus and the 1243xsv are two completely different units, not the same model number as we're discussing here.

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I picked one up along with a GT-56 transducer and Garmin Navionics Vision+ card. I just finished installing everything on my Tournament 192. I haven’t used it in the water yet but the unit seems very fast and I love the relief shading with the vision+ maps.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I picked one up along with a GT-56 transducer and Garmin Navionics Vision+ card. I just finished installing everything on my Tournament 192. I haven’t used it in the water yet but the unit seems very fast and I love the relief shading with the vision+ maps.
The Garmin Navionics Vision+ card is a great upgrade. You need to learn the Active Captain app to get the shaded relief charts install. But it is well worth your while if you are inshore bottom fishing. It allows you to see far more detail about the bottom. In the North East the wrecks pop out!. In FL Keys you can see the reef structure. If you are a serious bottom fishing guy it is well worth it. You made a great choice.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The G3 charts also have the high resolution relief shading as well, or at least the one that I have has it.