Garmin AP install on 2007 282 Sailfish

wdlfbio

Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to installing the Garmin AP on my Sailfish. I'm looking for where others have their components installed (not the display controller). Not sure if I want to mount the pump and ECU in the forward bilge (under the midberth), in the stern bilge with the 3 batteries, or somewhere completely different. I'm thinking the CCU will probably have to go in the storage under the starboard cushion of the forward berth. But, maybe under the steps going into the cabin??

Suggestions?

Thanks
Laurence

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Find the driest place on the the boat with ZERO chance of the components gettin wet.Especially salt water. I mounted my pump under the aft birth and it still looks like new.

'05 300 Marlin w/F250's

Renovator

Reaction score
My AP pump was installed behind the starboard access panel at the mid berth, all of the hydraulics are run through there and there is a flat spot that was ideal for mounting the pump. My ECU is behind the other electronics flush mounted at the helm. The fluxgate compass in in the forward bilge. This was all done by the prior owner but seems to function OK.

wdlfbio

Reaction score
That area seems to be the ticket. 3rd Sailfish owner saying the same thing. Makes it look like pretty good areas to me. Thank you.

ahill

Reaction score
There is also a lot of room behind the aft berth. Trim tab pump and freswater pump are there. Basically ubder the helm steps.