Garmin GHP 10 Question

dduflo

Reaction score
The instructions call for wiring the GHP 10 into the Tachometers, for safety reasons, and I did so. This means that when slow trolling I need to run both motors. Has been a fantastic piece of equipment but I wanted to troll on only 1 motor so I went into the "Dealer Install" software and shut off both Tachs. This resulted in the motors oscillating back and forth to the point of distraction, much less wear and tear on the pump. Tried changing the Sea State percentage but that did not help. Turned the Tachs back on and problem disappeared. This not a real big issue as my 2 Yamaha F 225s sip fuel while trolling but I would like to fish with just one running. Any suggestions?

seasick

Reaction score
dduflo said:
The instructions call for wiring the GHP 10 into the Tachometers, for safety reasons, and I did so. This means that when slow trolling I need to run both motors. Has been a fantastic piece of equipment but I wanted to troll on only 1 motor so I went into the "Dealer Install" software and shut off both Tachs. This resulted in the motors oscillating back and forth to the point of distraction, much less wear and tear on the pump. Tried changing the Sea State percentage but that did not help. Turned the Tachs back on and problem disappeared. This not a real big issue as my 2 Yamaha F 225s sip fuel while trolling but I would like to fish with just one running. Any suggestions?

I assume you have this problem when the auto pilot is engaged. What did you configure as the speed source?. You might want to try GPS if not already configured. I am not sure if the oscillating is a sync issue between motors or if the missing speed signal is causing the issue.
For my own information, what is the problem when just turning off one motor , everything else set as originally configured?