garmin reactor 40 autopilot

wavetamer

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I am purchasing an auto pilot for my Yamaha 250hp/9.9 high thrust for my 2006 228.

location is my biggest issue, currently have 2 helms , original up front and the second at the stern .where are most locating there pumps ?? any ideas or pics would be greatly appreciated

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Just installed a Garmin reactor 40 and smart pump last season. My boat is a little different and I'm not sure of the layout of things in your 228. In my case the best location was in the aft bilge. I had room on the platform next to the generator. This was an ideal place as it is right where the hydraulic lines T off and very close to the batteries. If I remember correctly Garmin wants the pump as close to the batteries.

SeaVee

Reaction score
How loud is the pump? I hate listening to the AP pump all day

wavetamer

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Im hoping possibly of removal of the front hatch to make storage and install another battery and auto pilot pump in that area, down fault not so good for hydraulic lines as I also have helm at rear of boat . just not much room at the stern

brdawg2001

Reaction score
Installed mine this past weekend. It replaced a TR1 I had for 15 years...on my 273 Chase there is a perfect spot in the console nest to the batteries...probably why my TR1 lasted so long...

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Im hoping possibly of removal of the front hatch to make storage and install another battery and auto pilot pump in that area, down fault not so good for hydraulic lines as I also have helm at rear of boat . just not much room at the stern
If you have a 2nd station aft, I think the pump has to be between it and the cylinder.