Garmin- researching my upgrade options

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I found Garmin ECHOMap 94uhd sv version for $700. Available at a couple of places for that price. Seems like a good unit for that price. GPSstore, BassProshops are two with that price. Was $1150, then $1000, available for $700. With what I believeis an adequate transducer
oh, see my post in your "how to mount" thread...

Whenevr a Garmin unit is discounted it means that there is a new model replacing it soon. That happens every year with garmin. Not a bad thing, they utlilize new components and upgrade screen resolution, speed, wifi... add bells & whistles...

Echo units are going higher and higher in frequency to give picture-like quality but that comes at a cost to depth.
They are capable of using many different transducer at different freq but they usually come with a GT54uhd that is best for shallower water.

Echo units cannot run a radar like the GPSMAP line

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I personally don't like push buttons on my display, especially when it's a push button/touch screen display combination... to me, it just makes it even more confusing. I think that a touch screen display is much more user friendly...

MarineBob

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think for my uses this unit will be OK. Supposedly no issues down to 200 feet or so, which works out well for my uses. Marina guys who work with them say users in our area like them, never need to have radar so I think it should be pretty good. I agree with liking a touch screen better but I have a car with three ways to do things with the electronics including a touch screen and it seems you just get used to using which approach for which function you need to access.