Garmin vs Raymarine for 360 Express

robertsclafani

Reaction score
I am looking to outfit 360 Express with electronics. I am looking information from any Grady Owner of experiences with the new Garmin 5215 touchscreen with autopilot and radar or Raymarine E series Hybrid touch and autopilot and radar. Any owners who can share their experiences would be appreciated.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i'm a garmin fan. i have the 5212 (prior 2010c) and think it's a great mfd. very easy and intuitive to use. i like how garmin stays up on s/w fixes until the unit is mature. great customer support as far as i'm concerned. [networked gsd22, gmr404, gxm51, and kvh autocomp1000]

i also had a c80 with radar overlay. can't say anything bad about the unit. less intuitive than garmin imo. ray was very slow on posting s/w updates - don't know how they are now.

i don't think you'll go wrong with either make -- more personal preferences than rock hard differences.

you can post over on THT and get more input from a multiude of users -- just don't mention you have a Grady :D

ron

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
On my 330 i had a set of E120's and was very happy. On this boat i have a set of 4212(same as 5212 but not touch) and i'm also very happy. The two main differences between the two (my opinion), i really like the navigation on the Garmin and is very easy to work with, and i really like the Garmin HD radar, what i really wish i had is the Raymarine sounder, in my opinion is the best sounder tied with Furuno. If i would do it again, it would be sounder on a E120 and everything else Garmin. This way if one of the GPS goes, you always have the other. What is good about Garmin is that you don't need a split screen to have radar overlay. Good luck and let us know what you pick.

P.S, i also have a Simrad AP28 auto pilot, which is a great unit.