Gas gage

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
:?: I switched from the near empty aux. tank to the main, flipped the switch for the gage and it is still blinking red and showing empty. I know the main tank is full. Any ideas where to start looking for the trouble? Thank you! Joe.

catch22

Reaction score
Check connections on 3 way switch, and fuel tank, (including ground). Sending unit may be bad.

freddy063

Reaction score
someone had the trouble shooting steps for the fuel gages. I wish I copyed the information, all I can remimber is 133 ohm to the sensor is full, or something like that,hopeful someone will fill in the blanks. When I had troubles it turned out being the ground on the main tank.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Saying they suck is being nice. Check your connections at the tank and the switch. They are GROSELY inaccurate, get some kind of flow measuring device instead.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Disconnect the middle wire to the sender unit when measuring resistance with a Digital VM. You can leave the tank ground connected.
The range spec on my sender is 30-240 ohms.

Be careful working around fuel tanks.

pablor

Reaction score
is there a more accurate way to measure the level of the tanks? Mine show full when the tanks are full but they show empty after using 25% of the tank. After that they show empty until the next refuel. I have the document but I have not done the diagnostic yet...

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yes, use your fuel management system totalizer, it can be very accurate on fuel usage. That's what I do, when i use 75 gals, I refuel 75 gals and rest gauge.

As far as the gas gauge goes, it's as accurate as the one in your car.

nightfighter

Reaction score
pablor said:
is there a more accurate way to measure the level of the tanks? Mine show full when the tanks are full but they show empty after using 25% of the tank. After that they show empty until the next refuel. I have the document but I have not done the diagnostic yet...

Same here. Drives me nuts.
Where do I contact Grady for a fuel tank diagram, and to see if this is a ecurring problem in the Escape? Does anyone from Grady ever identify themselves and chime in on the forums?