Generator project

30marlin

Reaction score
Getting ready to install a F/P gen set this spring in my 2007 Marlin 300.
I just have few questions.

Does anybody know who makes the diesel tank?
Is there a fuel gauge mount on the breaker panel in the cabin like the manual states?
I guess the ship or shore switch is a set of breakers with a slide cover to prevent both from being turned on.

Does anyone have pictures of their bilge compartment?
I am curious to see how everything is laid out and mounted.
I can't figure out how the exhaust hose should be run from the waterlock muffler
to the thru-hull.
I am hoping G/W does not do structural modifications for boats the will have generators installed.

Thanks again.

G8R_DVM

Reaction score
I have a Kohler 5e gas generator in my 98 marlin, its bolted right infront of the battery bank. I replaced the original gen in 04 and had a fork lift set it in the boat after i removed the floor. Cant help you with the diesel tank or fuel guage but ill take a pic of the bilge next week and post it maybe it will help.

30marlin

Reaction score
G8R_DVM said:
I have a Kohler 5e gas generator in my 98 marlin, its bolted right infront of the battery bank. I replaced the original gen in 04 and had a fork lift set it in the boat after i removed the floor. Cant help you with the diesel tank or fuel guage but ill take a pic of the bilge next week and post it maybe it will help.

Thanks I do appreciate it.
My F/P generator just arrived today. Looks nice. Just hope I never have to change the impeller.
Ordered some parts from the Grady dealer. I think the tank gauge goes in the head next to the water tank gauge.
I wanted to do the installation as if it was factory installed. I can't believe what Grady wants for the parts.
The 12 gallon fuel tank is 570 dollars. The muffler is 700 dollars and the tank fill is 202 dollars.
No wonder the complete gen kit was 17,500 bucks.
I am getting most of my parts locally.

Thanks again

gulfcart

Reaction score
I know on the my 33 the impellar is a bear and you will have to change it sometime. Heres a pic hows its installed in the 33..They have anti syphon valve insalled also since technically it's below the water line. 13 gallon tank and fuel pump installed to the left next to it.

The muffler you can see.. The thru hull for exhaust is out the starboard side. My gauge is mounted in the generator panel in the cabin.

GenSet.jpg

30marlin

Reaction score
Thanks Golfcart,

This really does help me. I see how the muffler is mounted.
I was looking at mine today. I my have to move my A/C pump if I can get enough slack in the line.
Or get the the left inlet style and loop the hose to the rear.

Some of my stuff came in today from Grady.
I have to give Michael from Taylor Marine who is a sponsor here a lot of credit.
He got my parts ordered quick and shipped fast to me right from Grady.
When he says he will call you back he really does.

Thanks again guys.