Getting to swap my trailer

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks to @Lsquared , I get to swap my trailer out today for repairs. I kept ordering the last parts, and the trailer place kept sending the wrong parts. Last time, I had to drive there and back, about 7-ish hours, and did not catch they had given me the wrong hubs. So, now I am taking it to them and just saying, "okay, fix it... ALL of it."

So, going to swap my boat to the other trailer (it's a hoss...) later today. Then drag my trailer, empty, to Houston and leave it for a few weeks. They will re-wrire the entire thing, all lights etc, replace the brake pads and rotors, while it is there, why not..., and then a new jack, add a spare wheel mount, maybe a new winch, and they will swap the rear axle out with a new, correct, one. I may have them add new springs while it is there and new bunks.. I mean.. why not? The entire thing will be brand new by then heh.

So, should get it back next month and ready to roll. What a journey. I have swapped out so many parts on it only to find I was sent the wrong thing.. heh. Finally decided it was enough and, more importantly, had a nice Grady person local that was willing to loan me a trailer so I could get the boat off mine and get it done right.

Anyway, @Lsquared is a wonderful person... letting me borrow the trailer. I do not expect it will do more than move the boat from the lake to the house, heh... that trailer is a beast :p but... what a break to have it available. A local guy... boat-shark.. lol.. wanted $500 for day 1 and $25 a day after that to rent a trailer that would sit at his junkyard. Yea.. would have been over $1200 to rent the trailer.

Anyway, on a side note, the guy has 3 Grady's at his "Pick-a-part" boat junkyard. I may drive over there and see what they are and take pictures and see if there is anything folks would want off those boats.

Russ

Reactions: Halfhitch

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Be sure to check bunk spacing so as to not cause hull damage when loading.
Good luck!

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yep, looked at that before loading.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
If one of them is a 282 Sailfish, I am interested in a few parts!

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Will do. I may head out there this or next week to see what they have. I will write down models, years, etc and make sure to take pictures.

R

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Please help me find a windshield for a 228 and a hard top if one exist. I'm desperate.