Glove Box/Lockable Box Measurements

jmarin2377

Reaction score
Does anyone have the measurements for the acrylic door on the glove box for a 208 Adventure? Any leads would be greatly appreciated it!

Thanks,
J

seasick

Reaction score
jmarin2377 said:
Does anyone have the measurements for the acrylic door on the glove box for a 208 Adventure? Any leads would be greatly appreciated it!

Thanks,
J
It depends on the model year

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Need to know what year.....GW changed the dash design somewhere around 2000. The door got bigger.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The opening is 18 3/8" x 7" high.

The total cutout height wise is 10"

jmarin2377

Reaction score

Thank you!

So, I'd assume that is a safer bet to cut the starboard larger than the hole.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You can do it either way. A lot depends on where you are going to screw into to secure it. If you have enough room (like where the weatherstripping meets the frame) then an exact size cutout would work.

This is a previous 226 that I owned...the starboard was cut larger than the door...

S3500001 by parthery, on Flickr

This is my current 225....a little tougher to get the measurements EXACTLY right since it's not really square...so I just cut it to the size of the plexiglass...In the offseason I'll fill in the door holes with gelcoat.

IMG-20120409-00012 by parthery, on Flickr

seasick

Reaction score
The vessel is a 208. Is the request for the dimensions of the upper panel or the lower electronics box door? Perhaps it is something else completely

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GW emailed me the dimensions for all the e-boxes at one point in the past...I was able to find it and pass it along....

I'm pretty sure the OP was looking for options to flush mount electronics in lieu of the door. He also is looking for a used hardtop for his 208 (in another post)....

seasick

Reaction score
Parthery said:
GW emailed me the dimensions for all the e-boxes at one point in the past...I was able to find it and pass it along....

I'm pretty sure the OP was looking for options to flush mount electronics in lieu of the door. He also is looking for a used hardtop for his 208 (in another post)....

Got it..

he stands a better chance of finding the Abominable Snowman than he does of finding a used hardtop:)

jmarin2377

Reaction score
That's correct! I am trying to do a flush mount for the GPS on my 208 (2008), instead of the locker box setup. It's rather annoying to pop the thing open/close everytime I am going fast. Is it better for the system in terms of proection? Perhaps, but if that's the case then I might as well stay at the dock.

As for the HT, yes, I am also looking for a used one for the same boat. Fat chance? Perhaps, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thank you to all for the responses.

jmarin2377

Reaction score
seasick said:
Parthery said:

Got it..

he stands a better chance of finding the Abominable Snowman than he does of finding a used hardtop:)

Jest? Highly likely! But is it far fetched to think that someone may part their 208 and sell the HT? I think not :)

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It's not impossible to find a hardtop...sometimes someone will buy a boat with one and then remove it to clear a low bridge.

Or - it does happen that one will wind up on the rocks and need to be parted out..

seasick

Reaction score
jmarin2377 said:
That's correct! I am trying to do a flush mount for the GPS on my 208 (2008), instead of the locker box setup. It's rather annoying to pop the thing open/close everytime I am going fast. Is it better for the system in terms of proection? Perhaps, but if that's the case then I might as well stay at the dock.

As for the HT, yes, I am also looking for a used one for the same boat. Fat chance? Perhaps, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thank you to all for the responses.
My Plotter and sonat are bracket mounted and I remove them after my trips and take them home. It is just too easy to get stolen when on the vessel. Now if you have a secure place that you store the boat, your mounting approach is probably OK.

jmarin2377

Reaction score
Final product!

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks great! I like the 1/2" starboard.

The more I look at mine, the more I may redo the entire panel in the off season and add the extra inch or so. It will finish it out and look better, I think.

jmarin2377

Reaction score
Parthery said:
Looks great! I like the 1/2" starboard.

The more I look at mine, the more I may redo the entire panel in the off season and add the extra inch or so. It will finish it out and look better, I think.

Thanks; yes, it turned out really nice with the thicker board. For now, I guess that's all I'll be doing to the boat. Hopefully until next year, when I might be looking to add a HTop.