Good Johnson Mechanic

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
Hello all,
First post for me, but have been reading for a while. Great site, Great Info !!!

I just bought a 1989 Gulfstream ( my 1st :D ) with twin 2002 Johnson 150's. My first run was a 60 mile trip to my home port in Copiague, Long Island NY. Engines ran like a champ. However today while fishing one of them would not stay running and I had to limp home on the other. I am not an engine guy so need someone to get me back up and running.

Does anybody know of a good Johnson Mechanic here in the Copiague, Lindenhurst, Amityville area of Long Island NY ?, or nearby area ? I would appreciate their contact information.

Thank you !

timo14

Reaction score
PM sent to you...

But in the meantime, what was the engine doing? Those Johnsons are pretty simple to work on. I've always found that 90% of engine problems are fuel related. Do you have dual fuel filters? Might want to start there.

Lots of good info on this board... describe the problem and maybe someone here will be able to help you fix it yourself... and save a few sheckles.

LI Grady

Reaction score
I've been very happy and very impressed with Bob at Martin's Marine in Islip (631-277-4558) Not a bad ride from where you are.

Suffolk Marine in Babylon is also top notch