Good price? 04 208 with a F225 $35k

bdubz06

Reaction score
Hello. I am getting pretty serious on a 2004 Grady Adventure 208 with a 2004 F225. The boat and motor have 36 hours on it and has always been garaged. Comes with the usual: trim tabs, vista top with drop curtain, livewell, raw water washdown, etc. It has never been launched in salt water and is in pristine condition. It is basically a new boat, three years old. It doesn't have GPS, VHF, AM/FM/CD, or freshwater tank. Included with the price is a 2004 Galvanized EZ Loader trailer. I am getting serious for around $35,000.

What do you guys think? Good deal? Your input would be appreciated.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The 208 is a fine boat! Your figure is about what I paid last year for my Adventure with a hardtop, bow pulpit and all other available options. My boat had 60 hours on an F200 Yamaha with extended warranty. . Also included a nice trailer, Lowrance GPS, VHF and an AM/FM/CD. You might have some wiggle room with the economy and gas prices.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It does sounds like a pretty fair deal, it's not a steal, but if it's really nice it's probably worth it. I would try for a couple of thousand more, it will easily cost you that for the electronics. That's super low hours. They probably went out a few times the first year and then it sat.

For comparison, mine does have GPS/sonar, VHF, awesome stereo, tabs, and step, but with F150, and an aluminum trailer. For this 2006 model I would be asking $42,000. It too is pristine, just like new. Replacement cost is well over $50K.

Saltwater launching the trailer is really hard on them. If it has disc brakes you're probably okay, if drum, plan on a brake job on the trailer for a couple of hundred, or about $500 to update to disc. An aluminum trailer saves about 400lbs in towing weight. They are surprisingly heavy on a trailer. A heavy half ton truck is minimum for a tow rig. My duramax is a bit overkill, but a real joy for a tow rig.

I would not be real excited about the F225 for the weight, but it sure will have get-up-and-go. You could sure water ski with that one! For the extra 100+ pounds you won't want a lot of other weight in the back, I would be more concerned if you normally have four people aboard. For a couple and a kid, should be okay.

I run a Kodiak 32gal live well right in front of the motor. If it's full and there are a couple of us in a rear corner netting or gaffing, we'll get water in thru the scupper. I do have a group 27 in each corner too.

Let us know how your sea-trial goes.

BTW, I spent 25 years boating in the NW. Mom and Dad had motor yachts, I had sailing yachts. Now I just like to go out for a day of fishing, or a harbor cruise, and the Grady is fantastic. Maybe I'll get a little bit bigger one :wink: The big motoryahcts are too expensive and too much work (for me). I sold a 42' Alden yawl when we left Seattle in '92. Moored it at Skyline in Anacortes. It was all wood, built in '58 in Oregon.

You're in prime cruising grounds! Pull it up to Cambell river and go for some Kings!!