Good price for 04 209 w/F200

Rbrown_GW209

Reaction score
Getting serious on Escape 209 w/Yamaha 200 4 stroke
Engine has 100 hours, no T-top or bimini
has leaning post w/tackle storage and raw water washdown
Raymarine E-80 electronics (8" color ) w/Platinum chip showing contour, mapping, and 3D aerial cartography ($4000 retail) ~~~ New Oxygenator & water separator ~~~ Full cushions throughout (front cushions never used) ~~~ Standard Horizons - (ship to shore radio) ~~~ Galvanized dual axle trailer (used three times) ~~~ Fresh 2006 protective hull paint ($1200)

Bottom line price is 34.5k and I want to try to reduce by 2K and add 2yr yamaha extended warranty

I would also really like to add a T-top, but got quote of 6500 from GW dealer, so not sure how much lower I can negotiate with seller.

Any thoughts appreciated

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like an 'arms-length' transaction. That's where buyer and seller are happy with the money that exchanges for the item.

If you like the boat and it will do what you expect, then it's a good deal. Nada would be a good place to put a hard number on it, but I suspect it will be close. You have to add up boat, motor, and trailer. It's not gospel, like a trailer that's only been used twice is worth more than one that's been used hard for four seasons. Same with boat and motor. A hundred hours is nothing. We put 80 hours on ours over the winter the first year we had 'er.

Let us know how it goes.

Rbrown_GW209

Reaction score
Chris,
Thanks for the quick reply. I think it is a reasonable deal and appreciate the input. Looks like a great owner's site!

Bob Brown