Good Windlass

mjmwelder

I have a 02' Gulfstream and would like to install a windlass, I live in NJ and alot of people here seem to prefer Good windlass.I would appreciated any
feedback if you own a Good windlass or have experience with a Maxwell or Lewmar Windlass.Looking to found a windlass that is trouble free, but if there is a problem you can get tech support & parts if need be.

Renovator

The above offer for the Good Windlass is indeed a great buy. I had a Good freefall on my Shammie with their pivot arm boom and it worked flawless, built bullet proof but not cheap. I would have gone back to the Good on my Sailfish but the footprint was to large to for the rode to fall in the deepest part of the locker, I opted for the Lewmar Profish 1000 freefall model and so far it has also worked well for me. The factory placement of the windlass was not ideal on my boat and I relocated it further aft, otherwise you will have problems with the rode stacking up on retrieve. I went with 600' of 8 plait and it lays in the locker just fine.

downtown

I got a Pro Fish Freefall 700 on THT for a much lower price than retail. It was brand new, but had a scratch on it.

delldoown

Good customer service and support is second to none hoist. If you are an existing owner of the original 500 series and have any technical problems or operational problems hoist hesitate to contact us or visit our FAQ page. If you do not find your answer, contact our customer service department, we will help you in a timely manner. Hoist parts can also be directly from the factory. In order to serve you better make sure you have your model and serial number from your winch when you contact us with your parts.

cedarssaunas

The accepted bazaar is active with possibilities with commendations to purchasing just about everything. Even just a basal loaf of aliment may leave the customer walking about the aliment alley for abundant best than required, defective to acquisition the best commodity at reasonable prices to clothing their needs. Because this is additionally the case with articles such as ballast windlasses, apprehend on for tips on how to accomplish the best advantage for you.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Renovator, where is the best place to get 8 plait in that much length? Also, can you get it already rigged with the chain?

Renovator

I purchased mine from a local small dealer pre spliced with the correct chain for the Lewmar. I think it was Jordan Marine or something like that, I can't put my hands on the receipt but I will re post later if you need it. I am sure he can ship to where ever. I checked International House of Ropes and Consolidated Rigging and he had the best prices.

toolguy73

ROBERTH said:
Renovator, where is the best place to get 8 plait in that much length? Also, can you get it already rigged with the chain?

SecoSouth in Florida. Easy to find on the net, and reasonable.