GoodEvening

WildTide

Reaction score
Hey guys im new here to he forums, Just bought a 1981 GW Wahoo , and was wondering if there are other Wahoo owners on here.

dwtanner

Reaction score
Yes I own a 1981 GW Wahoo. I've had a hard time finding many other people that own it. We have repowered ours with a 454 and installed a fuel injection on it. What do you have in yours?

WildTide

Reaction score
Well i currently rebuilt a GM 5.7L its currently Carbed, but im thinking of maybe swapping for a diesel in the summer, lets see how the budget is by that time. So how stable is the boat in the water? Fuel consumption? Cruise speed? I will put her in the water for the first time this upcoming saturday , i dont know what to expect.

dwtanner

Reaction score
Good to hear you are going to test it this weekend. I'd like to hear your results. We havn't had ours in the water for a year or so, it's been an ongoing project, but the last we had it in the water our fuel pump was going out on us. Saying that, we had somewhere in the 28 knots range around 3900 rpm. I don't recall our fuel burn, we have a flow meter installed, just don't remember what it read.

Our grady has been a 3 year project and we are going to wrap it up this winter and have it ready to fish come May 1 when grouper opens back up.

I'd like to hear your numbers on the upcoming run.

Thanks