Goodyear Endurance Tire Pressure Chart.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This chart shows the proper pressure Goodyear recommends to run in their Endurance tires depending on the load per tire. Running max pressure that is indicated on the sidewall when the actual load is far less only subjects the trailer and its suspension to excessive shock loads that are transferred up through your boat.

https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

Reactions: family affair

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Well, I should trust Goodyear ,but here is the thing. I often travel and tow close to 1,000 miles one way on the interstate. Under inflating can lead to more heat and friction and heat and friction can lead to premature tire failure. Over the years the China bomb tires put on most trailers have failed me many times and I have had too many trips impacted by tire loss. I have had too many trips where I am fixing my trailer , replacing tires and hubs and spindles and on and on. I have some where between 25-30 hours collectively fixing my boat trailer while on trips.

So, I run my Good Year Load Range E 12 ply 225 75 R15s at 80 PSI. My hubs run cool at around 105-110 and the torsion axles do their part on making it a bounce free smooth ride. I am not a Good Year Tire engineer and perhaps I could reduce the pressure, but max pressure works for me.

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
SmokyMtnGrady, those are the same tires I have on my trailer and I too run at 80 PSI with no issue. I am towing a Gulfstream.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My son's (my old) 232 Gulfstream rides on Endurance. 80 PSI, and no problems.

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Great info halfhitch. Trailer tire pressure should match load weight. Agree 100%

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Inside the door panel on my Chevy it says to air tires to 32 lbs. The tires say 44lbs max on the sidewall. I guess GM agrees also. I know on my bike the tires say 45 to 60 lbs pressure. When I tried them at 60 my ass could feel the difference. I went back to 40-45.

Last edited: