Gopro?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Gopro 7 is out. Does anyone still use a Gopro to film their adventures or is that old school?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I have a Hero3+ and still use it often.
Pros;
waterproof. Underwater shots.
weWMqotl.jpg

One of the great things about it is that you can step thru the video and pull HD photos out. You get" ACTION shots" .
Qoi9RDRl.jpg

Superwide angle lens means you don't have to use viewfinder, just point in general direction and get awesome shots.
Mount it on an old fishing rod and it sits steady in a rod holder ready to shoot.
KcRZ8iPl.jpg

Cons;
You have to download them to a computer to edit... the new one is probably seamless on a mobile app and newer phone so that probably doesn't apply anymore.
You might literally spend hours pulling photos and making videos...follow the link to my youtube page for examples.

Here's one...a trip on my 265 Express

Last edited:

Ozz043

Reaction score
I use my GoPro all the time, use it on my downrigger and all....here’s my channel link to my Marlin in small chop

Fishtales

Reaction score
my kids take them with us when we go out. they add an element of fun. I don't do much with the video though.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just weighing out the use over the price for the latest and greatest. I've either got the 3 or 4 but it's such a pain to edit and download a video. Just wondered if the new 7 was a simpler one to use and post videos. Guess I'll do some more reading and then decide.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Just weighing out the use over the price for the latest and greatest. I've either got the 3 or 4 but it's such a pain to edit and download a video. Just wondered if the new 7 was a simpler one to use and post videos. Guess I'll do some more reading and then decide.
They all have way too many features for a human being to contemplate. I keep my 3+ set on 1080 super wide 30 fps and just shoot video.I never take "photos" or change any settings.
I don't even put the LCD viewer on it. I shoot blind. Saves a lot of battery life.
I get home and put the sd card in the MAC. I grab photos out of the video and/or use iMovie to edit.
I have, only a few times, used the wireless connection to an iPhone or iPad when I was away from home and wanted to see/share what I shot.

With that in mind, if I were updating or getting another(shots from two angles would be awesome) I would probably get a cheaper "Session" version.

as a side note....I tell my fishing buddies if I ever see them taking video on their phone in the portrait position they are going overboard with their phone....

Raven1708

Reaction score
Just purchased a powervision powerray underwater drone to try out for underwater shots. PowerVision_PowerRay_frnt_top_corp_600x600.png And Hero 6 Black for on the boat.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
so, after adding some things to the Media section, I realized that this new format of forum makes posting images much better.
It used to be that you needed an image hosting service like Photobucket or IMGUR. Now you can Attach full HD pix or Thumbnails Using the ATTACH button.

fullsizeoutput_369e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_369e.jpeg

Reactions: Ky Grady