GPS Puck Location?

BCLII

Reaction score
Looking to mount my Humminbird GPS puck, where would a good place be on a 205?
thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Whatever you decide, you can temporarily mount the antenna with tape, running the cable outside of the are to see how it works. On top of the dash as mentioned should be fine. Make sure you check that the placement of the base unit, antenna and/or cable doesn't skew the compass that I assume you have.

BCLII

Reaction score
Thanks seasick, good thought I do have a compass! Looks like it will go aft on the starboard side.
How about a VHF antenna? Whats a good location for those on a dual console? :hmm

seasick

Reaction score
BCLII said:
Thanks seasick, good thought I do have a compass! Looks like it will go aft on the starboard side.
How about a VHF antenna? Whats a good location for those on a dual console? :hmm
Two things here to think of. The higher the better, although on that boat you don't have a lot of options. The second thing is to think about whether it will be in the way of traffic ( going fwd or aft) blocking fishing poles or tow lines, or tempting to hang on to which you really don't want.
Finally, if it will be on a hinged bracket for lowering, make sure it will clear any storage canvas, covers or the like.
When strong winds are forecast, I usually drop my Bimini and my antenna (which has a flag on it) to reduce the effect of the wind at my dock