Grady 192 live well/wash down

Cabe123

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I have a Grady 192 and have a live well behind my helm seat, my question is when water is coming in from live well can I get a fitting to use as a raw water wash down

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Couple of ways to do it, one with a Y valve, or with a tee and a cut-off valve. BUT, live well pumps are typically high volume, low pressure, which is not the best pump for wash down.
Best option is to switch out to a dual outlet livewell pump(check to see if you already have one), and tee off the second outlet to a high pressure wash down pump, and a spray hose. That involves more work, and more money.

seasick

Reaction score
Couple of ways to do it, one with a Y valve, or with a tee and a cut-off valve. BUT, live well pumps are typically high volume, low pressure, which is not the best pump for wash down.
Best option is to switch out to a dual outlet livewell pump(check to see if you already have one), and tee off the second outlet to a high pressure wash down pump, and a spray hose. That involves more work, and more money.
I agree with that approach. The livewell existing pump will be directly connected to the seacock in the bilge. If the boat never had a livewell, there may be a lot of work required to retrofit an existing installation. You will need a seacock if a separate pump is added, you will need plumbing to the fill ort on the livewell (original tank may not have one.
You will need to check if you have the through hulls for bottom drain and overflow. You can get away with no overflow through hull if you use a standpipe that plugs into the bottom drain
In all likely hood, the wiring from the helm to the bilge for the pump will already be there.
Fist thing is to check how many seacocks you have in the bilge and if there are, is there a pump connected to one of them.
Then check how many through hulls you see when looking over the port side while standing behind the port helm seat. I think you should see three, one at a minimum, the port side helm floor drain.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
OP reads like he already has a plumbed live well under the helm seat. Tee off the existing through hull, or change pumps, to get a second feed for a wash down pump.
Extra points if he can come up with a way to have the wash down pump momentarily switch off the livewell pump, while being used.