Grady 204C Fuel tank height

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
Anyone know the dimensions of the stock 204c 65 gallon tank? Looking to get a new style float sender for it. Just need to know the depth of the tank or how far the sender sticks down into it, Thanks

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
If you pull the old sender out you can measure the top to bottom distance. This is the measurement you need to get the correct float.

Alright I'll have to do that then. I can see the sender under the round access plate and I'm pretty sure I can get a ratchet on the 5 little screws, but the sender isn't directly under the access plate. Does the whole tank panel need to be removed or do guys mostly remove the senders by just removing the round access plate? Thanks

suzukidave

Reaction score
Anyone know the dimensions of the stock 204c 65 gallon tank? Looking to get a new style float sender for it. Just need to know the depth of the tank or how far the sender sticks down into it, Thanks

if you download the atchived owner's manual for that year (not the brochure) from the grady white site it may have that information. if not, contact grady and ask them. they sent me a pdf blueprint of my tank.

seasick

Reaction score
If you can afford the extra expense, I recommend a WEMA type of sender. In order to get the correct length, you measure from the flange to the bottom of the tank. Take that number and subtract one inch. That's the length you need.
Even if you go for a float type, measure since it is possible that the sender may not have been the correct dimension.The old sender whether tube type or float will come out through the flange opening.

It will be helpful to mark a spot on the tank and the flange so that later you can align the flange correctly during re-installation. The holes look evenly spaced but they aren't.

The screws should be tight but not over tightened. Good luck

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info guys.

grady23

Reaction score
I second the WEMA senders. I replaced both on my Gulfstream over 10 years ago and they still work fine. Be sure they send you the correct screws. There are Metric and SAE versions.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It goes without saying, but remove those screws with a hand tool and not a battery operated screwdriver or nut driver. One spark from the brushes can ruin your day.

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
I will be using a small ratchet, can't fit a drill driver in there anyway. I bought a 10" Wema sender for my 11" deep tank. My tank was changed for a new 80 gallon in 2015. The place that made the tank for the previous ownerScreenshot_20190226-153235_Gallery.jpg sent me the drawing for it, Thanks