Grady 208 Adventure ???

GW22

Reaction score
Did Grady also stop makeing The 208 Adventure ??? All I saw on the website was 23 and up for walkaround cuddy, not everyone liks cetter console and getting wet !!!!!

Firenailer

Reaction score
Seems like it and that’s a shame. I’ve owned 2 of them in the past and always thought it was the perfect boat for fishing here in the Northeast. But it’s seems like the Cuddy Cabin boat has gone out of fashion looking at the amount of center consoles out on the Sound here in eastern CT!
Seems crazy to me, I loved being able to drop the front and side glass to get out of the weather in the early spring and late fall seasons

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if the Adventure returns based on the new 215 Freedom/Fisherman hull.

Reactions: billyttpd

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Interesting. The 8.5 beam is the only thing that really jumps out to me.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Why Why Why do they use a side mount binnacle? I'm 6'3"....at running speeds the throttle is too low to comfortably run the boat standing up. That's why I sold my 205 less than two months after I bought it.

Timcan

Reaction score
I like it overall the only thing I can’t tell is it a 2 piece or 3 piece construction? I hope they kept it 3 piece.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think the front 2/3 to 3/4 or so of the boat look pretty good but yeah, Im not a fan at all of the motorwell or the Euro transom, or whatever you want to call it. As KY Grady mentioned above, I think a revised 226/228 Seafarer would‘ve been the better option and considering the length and size of the two boats, I’m thinking the pricing would’ve been similar as well? My previous boat was a 21’ Arima that had the motorwell on it, which only took up space and potentially extra fishing room. To me, I think it’s funny how they don’t have the transom bracket as at least an option on something like this. I’m sure that I’m likely very much part of the minority of people who think so in this particular case though. It’s also kind of interesting how when you go to the main GW website that it doesn’t mention anything about the boat or how they have a new model on their homepage They’ve got a 180 Fisherman and then the next boat is a 300 Marlin, which doesn’t really instill a ton of confidence in me at this point. As has been discussed before, it seems like walkaround boats are a dying thing that are catered to a very small crowd.

Last edited:

andybru

Reaction score
They really should have made this on the 236 hull I reckon. Would be so good with the 300 and i little more length. I also wish they would put a twin option on the 236 while they are at it!

blynch

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks to me like the transom/ aft seats/ tow pole/ swim platform/ motor well area of the boat is an exact copy of the 215. The 218 is pretty much that boat with a cabin plopped where the dual consoles and forward seating would have been. All about manufacturing efficiency.

This makes me a little nervous about the 232 and 300 platforms which don't seem to overlap this way with anything else in the lineup. Hopefully they sell well enough for GW to justify continuing to produce them as one-offs.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I find it interesting the differences in beam size and how you’d think an 8’6” beam would be much more comfortable than an 8’ beam. That being said, the 8’6” beam on this boat doesn’t seem to give you anymore walking room between the helm seats or when walking up the side of the boat to the bow. If you’re my size, it still looks like you’d have to turn sideways in order to do so, or walk so at a lesser angle so you don’t get caught up on the armrests and so forth.

billyttpd

Reaction score
I dont hate it. The berth is interesting looks offset like a 232. The transom is def not made for fisherman though The walkaround is shallow. no more pulpit option the hardtop looks nice and big will cast a fair amount of shade

reel cookin

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Boats looks great, couple of things i wish they would offer like electronics box under the hardtop, offer the same livewell like on the 215.
Looks like a great boat for the Chesapeake bay or near shore boating. Going to check it out as soon the local has one in the showroom. Any body want to guess the price.

hjbutler

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Personally, I don't think there should be any exterior upholstery on a boat, and this 218 has a lot of it.

sturgstev

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I read that the 218 is a 2023 model so maybe that is why no fanfare yet.

I love my 228 and those of us with a 208, 228, & 226 with just have to be happy with what we have.

Who really wants to spend 150K for a 218 anyway.

Sturg.