Grady 208 hard top factory dimensions

Duke1903

Reaction score
Anyone have the factory dimensions on a 208 hardtop? Let me know Thanks!!

seasick

Reaction score
What do you want to know? If you are trying to determine if a used hardtop will fit, the answer is not simple. First of all, you need to specify the hull year,
Secondly the factory top does not attach directly to the deck, it attaches to the outside cabin mold and those are different depending on year. If you want to install a pre fab or kit that attaches to the deck, getting dimensions will be a bit easier but bear in mind that if you go that route, you will lose the 'walk around' access.
Companies like Atlantic Towers have semi custom kits that have adjustable mounting feet as well as angles. Those can be attached to the sides of the helm and I think also to the top of the cabin mold below the windscreen.

Duke1903

Reaction score
Simply want dimensions of a factory top 2000 +. If someone has one to measure or knows please let me know. Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
I would try Grady White through the Customer Service link on the website. If that doesn't pan out, I would call Winterville Machine Works in NC. They make the hardtop frames for Grady White and likely have the dimensions. I believe GW makes the hardtops themselves, so there isn't many options other than finding a boat and measuring it.

Duke1903

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, im going to have one made was trying to keep it inline with the factory specs

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is a 228 Seafarer hardtop the same size, or will it fit on the 208? I know a forum member on here JJMag has had his 228 Seafarer hardtop listed in the for sale section of the forum for the longest time and believe he had it listed for $3,600. He, I believe is located somewhere in California, which could prove difficult depending on where you live. But I’m thinking it’ll probably be considerably less than having a brand new one built for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJMag