Grady 208 with f150 Engine Mounting Height?

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I am curious what everyone with Grady 208 and f150 combo has there engine height mounted? Mine is one hole down on bracket. So one hole exposed above engine mount bolt. I feel like I could go up 1 hole and see some rpm improvements. What is your engine mount height and have you tried adjusting?

seasick

Reaction score
It can depend on the hull model year. Older hulls will sit lower and you might get some benefit from raising the motor. That should be easy to see by looking at where the anti-ventilation sits relative to both the water line and the keel. Note that going aft and hanging over the transom to see where the moor sits can skew the inspection. It is best to take a look from outside with either no-one in the boat or one person (you) at the helm.

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
2006 boat. It has the heavier hull with forward ballast to compensate for the heavier 4 stroke.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have an F 200 xb on my 208, after recently installing a 4 blade prop I raised the the motor to the last hole and works well in the conditions I float in. Not sure how it would respond in a big lump. May find out over the next few months.