Grady 225 Tournament - Extending Fresh Water Shower Hose

CBH IV

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to splice in and extend the fresh water shower hose in the transom of a 225? I went to use it for the first time the other week and it is almost useless. I couldn't even pull out enough hose to get it over my head.

Would the proper size brass hose barb be enough to hold a splice together without clamps? I know a regular hose clamp would not slide through the hosing for the hose handle. If anyone has tried to extend it did you have any issues with excess hose in the bilge compartment catching on other hoses, cables, wires, batteries, etc?

Really don't want to splice into the line and route the freshwater washdown to another spigot like the raw water. Any advice to make the setup as is any more useful would be greatly appreciated!

CBH IV

Reaction score
From the best I could tell looking in the compartment, the hose is not catching on anything, just short.

seasick

Reaction score
I assume it is a Scandvik product. If so, the transom sprayers come in two different lengths, 6 feet and 10 feet so if you have a 6 foot hose, you could get a replacement hose that is 4 feet longer. Of course you need the room in the locker/bilge for the extra hose to lay down into. I don't think that extending the current hose is a viable option.
here is one listing

note that the connectors on the Scandvik hoses are a bit uncommon so make sure that if you get a new hose, it has the correct ends.

CBH IV

Reaction score
Appreciate this info, not sure why it didn't occur to me to just buy a whole new, longer hose! I am supposed to be at the boat on Sunday, I am going to double check that it isn't hanging up on something in the compartment below. If not, I am just going to order the OEM replacement hose in 10'. That should be plenty long.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Wait, there's a FREE way to make this work! Try this... while standing upright, bend at the knees and the waist at the same time (it must be done at the same time to avoid possibly falling over). Doing this trick will effectively lower your head to where it's only about 3' or 4' off the deck and the hose will now reach! Sorry... couldn't resist! ;)

CBH IV

Reaction score
I hear ya, I wouldn't want a sore back and knees though! At this point I could only really shower from the chest down. I don't even want to use it as a "shower" really, just want it to be a little more usable overall for multiple purposes.