Grady 236 Questions

Tiamat

Reaction score
After a few years boatless, I am debating next season getting back into it. 50% family time fishing 50% just guys fishing. Have a great local dealer and support. Something that can fish the bays and inlets in Delaware and on nice days go out to the reefs and eventually lumps. It is a big 23 with the swim platforms integrated into the actual running length. Had a dual console grady years ago. Most recent was a 21' Hydra Sports Vector. Don't want a true deep V as a lot of time fishing will be on the drift or hook and If it were a day I'd really be wanting a deep v, I'll be inside the inlet anyway. Seems like enough family friendly but also enough useful fishability. Doesn't over-cater to either or, and not too many gimmick items. Any insight as to faults/benefits of the model would be much appreciated.

GH236

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
I don't fish but I love our 236 for family fun. The swim platforms are great. We have the ski pole which makes tubing easy and efficient.

allisbob

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
After a few years boatless, I am debating next season getting back into it. 50% family time fishing 50% just guys fishing. Have a great local dealer and support. Something that can fish the bays and inlets in Delaware and on nice days go out to the reefs and eventually lumps. It is a big 23 with the swim platforms integrated into the actual running length. Had a dual console grady years ago. Most recent was a 21' Hydra Sports Vector. Don't want a true deep V as a lot of time fishing will be on the drift or hook and If it were a day I'd really be wanting a deep v, I'll be inside the inlet anyway. Seems like enough family friendly but also enough useful fishability. Doesn't over-cater to either or, and not too many gimmick items. Any insight as to faults/benefits of the model would be much appreciated.
I have a 2018 Fisherman 236. It's an awesome boat. I also do about 50/50 fishing and family stuff. It's great for both. I also ready enjoy the hull design, give me the confidence when the weather gets rough. I had a bay boat before and it limited my going out the inlets on some days. With the 236 I feel much safer. The swim platform is great too, easy to get on and off the boat. I would highly recommend the 236. I can also still get into the back bays, the draft is 18", my bay boat draft was 12" so another 4" doesn't really matter.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I don't fish but I love our 236 for family fun. The swim platforms are great. We have the ski pole which makes tubing easy and efficient.
do you have a link to the ski pole? or a pic? does it go in the transom rod holder?

allisbob

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
I did not get the ski pole option. When I tow skiers I use the two mounts on the transom.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I did not get the ski pole option. When I tow skiers I use the two mounts on the transom.
I don't blame you, I can only imagine how much GW charges for purchasing and the installation a ski pylon. Especially when you can go on Amazon and get a tow rope to go through both transom hooks for less than $20.

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
I have been on a few 21-23 foot center console boats and the Fisherman 236 is the most versatile. The Carolina Flair keeps you drier and the ride is more comfortable.All the compartments are insulated and can be used as fish boxes when fishing or drinks and food on cruises.With the cushions out the boat is easily cleaned from a productive fishing day and with them in makes it a very comfortable cruiser. The compartments in the swim platforms can hold an additional anchor for anchoring up at the sandbar. 23 foot is perfect for back bay fishing but still can handle the inshore reefs and the occasional run to the mid range grounds. As a 65 year old I appreciate the toe rails when leaning over the gunnels. The only thing I would do different with my 236 is choosing the additional storage under the helm seat as opposed to the second live well.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
As a 65 year old I appreciate the toe rails when leaning over the gunnels.
Even at 37 I would agree. My previous boat was a 21' Arima and it didn't have the toe rails, so when you were leaning over to pick up a crab pot or net a fish, it was a bit unnerving at times. With the toe rails it definitely gives you much better balance and knowing that you won't fall in, I'm not sure why all boats don't have them as a safety feature.

rocketguy88

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Earlier this month my 13 year old nephew was surfing behind my 236 holding onto a roope looped around the ski pylon. He's an very experienced surfer who's used to his dad's Mastercraft. And on 9/1/23 i'll be 50 miles offshore loading it with red snapper for the last day of the TX federal red snapper season. We've used it during the winter time enjoying the (warm) TX winter afternoons with the full cushions up front going 12 knots on plane with the trim tabs all the way down. I've crossed over double-stacked five footers going 25 knots while heading offshore, we all got wet from the second five footer, but i knew then that the boat could take waaaaaay more than I can. It's an amazing boat. Definately get a GPS trolling motor mounted up on the front.

Reactions: DJS866 and GH236