Grady 305 winterization

Blasterfdc

Reaction score
New to us Grady 305, looking for recommendations how to winterize. She's kept on a lift and has generator and AC. Fresh water is straight forested but what else needs to be done.. generator? AC?

teaklejr

Reaction score
Easy task to do both AC and Genny, close both seacocks, remove strainer caps, have someone turn AC on and start pouring antifreeze into strainer till it runs out the side. Same goes for genny start it up and pour antifreeze into strainer till it comes out exhaust. neither system will take much antifreeze.

For the freshwater side i would suggest bypassing the water heater and drain it out so you don't have to add so much antifreeze. Come spring time you will be happy you did bypass it, it takes forever to get all the antifreeze out of system when it has that much in it.

For the raw water pump I just disconnected the hoes right at the pump and let the system gravity drain out and never had a problem doing it that way.

Our boat was a 2007 305 Express

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
For the genny, I use 2 gallons of AF. close the seacock open the strainer and dump the AF in, it will get sucked up and blown out the exhaust fairly quickly. You can do the A/C the same way, however I have found it to be easier and faster to use a water pump and pump 2 gallon of AF through the A/C outlet on the side of the hull. I know other owners who will use a hose and a funnel instead of a water pump. either way works fine. I also use the portable water pump to pump AF though the washdown and livewell. When doing the water system, don't forget about the windshield washer.

OceanSun

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thanks for the Windshield reminder - almost forgot on my Gulfstream