Grady 33 gas generator

tony-sally

Reaction score
need some help my generator started up after winter lay up ran for a minute then just stopped it is pumping water so its not a over heating problem seams like its not getting spark turns over but won't start it has been very well maintained is their any safety switches or fuses on engine looking for any info before i have to call for service
thanks in advance tony 33 grady Sally Ann

devildogdad

Reaction score
My only thought is a loose or corroded ground wire. Since it started up for a minute, if it was loose, it may have vibrated off it's connection.

jbrinch88

Reaction score
check for any breakers that may have tripped/off on the generator itself. Does it have an electric fuel pump? Or any kind of lift pump to get fuel from the tank to the generator? If it does, make sure you hear it running when cranking/priming the generator.

If it is carb'd and was fogged out when winterized, the plug(s) may be fouled from the fogging oil or you flooded it from turning it over too many time. If it is carb'd try holding the choke open while starting it.

Not sure what generator you have, but the ones I work on have temp/alarm/sending units on the exhaust elbow that sometimes go bad causing the generator to not run. Doesn't sound like your issue though as this would allow you start the engine everytime it just wouldn't run for very long.