Grady 336

Kevcros

Reaction score
What are owners opinions on this new rig ?-- There has to be a few on this board that have taken the plunge---

DWiss

Reaction score
I've had mine for almost five months and few complaints. I honestly was concerned if I would miss the cabin (I had a 282) although only used the cabin for storage and the toilet. The cabin (console) provides more storage than I need and now I can actually use the toilet without having to go into the cabin to zip my pants.

I've been in some real tough seas where my nerves and knees would have been shot in the 282 and the 336 handles them comfortably (and dry) at a decent speed. The 350s are amazingly quite and very responsive. Plenty of convenient rod storage and rod holders for trolling.

My only complaints are as follows: 1.The rigging station seems to have some wasted space inside under and between the livewells which could have been used for more draws for tackle to keep tackle bags off the deck. 2. The cutting boards are very small, since they didn't add one over the rear fish box. This makes it akward filleting large baits. 3. I miss the drop in container that went under the hatch next to the rear fish box. 4. I wish I had forward gunnel rod holders simliar to the ones on the yellowfins.

Otherwise the boat is well designed and very fishable. Most of my issues are easy fixes and wouldn't cause me to rethink the purchase. I considered purchasing other brands in the same class and the 336 was the best choice for me.

The diesel generator is a great option. I look forward to seeing what Grady will do with a 366 center console with trip 350's if they ever get around to making one.

Kevcros

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight--I am waiting for the 366 too-- That will be a beast (even with Twin 350's)--

Christos

Reaction score
I have dropped my new 336 in the water about 3 weeks ago. I have not had any time to fish off it yet , however, I have been out 4 or 5 times just to get familiar with the boat. It runs great!! I am a first time GW owner and so far I am very pleased with the quality and detail of these boats. With the 350's, things get going real quick! You have to alert your passengers before you hit it or else they could find themselves at the back of the boat in a hurry. The performance reviews state that top speed is 51, however, with 60% fuel and 2 passengers (no gear) I had it going 54 on the GPS. Extremely smooth and handling is fantastic. Again I have nothing to compare it to against previous Grady's, but it's hands down better than any 25 to 35 foot boat that I've been on.

Only complaint would be that the head pump was rigged up wrong (1 day to fix) and that the 350's do not come all the way out of the water when at dock? When trimmed all the way up there is still 2 to 3 inchs in the water.

Over all a very satisfied customer!

Christos