Grady 360 A/C

pablor

Reaction score
Hi guys

i have a 2006 360 express. This winter the water was in the high 40's low 50's and my heat would not come on. it is kinda useless to have a heated cabin that does not get heat when it is cold out :). the heat works fine in the summer or when the temps are warmer... Any help is appreciated!

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Im curious does the compressor kick on while its in the heat mode?

'05 300 Marlin F250's

Grandpapat

Reaction score
I think the cooler water pump has to be on for the heater to work -- just like in cooling mode.

alfa1023

Reaction score
just a FYI - we overnighted on our 330 Express a couple of weekends ago - we have had a very cold winter (for west central Florida) and the water temp in the bay was 52 degrees, with overnight air temps in the mid 50's. We ran the heater all night set on 72 degrees and it quickly warmed the cabin up and kept it there all night. We were hooked to shore power (ie not runnning the generator).

southernstar

Reaction score
I was just fishing at pirates cove for the last month and marina frozen over. I could only get the heat on my 33 express to work when all three pump lines would run. If one froze up it would not heat.Usually when I got in 40 degree water it would start working. It says in the manuel that it should heat or cool with a 20 degree difference from the water temperature. We ended up putting to space heaters when stayin on the boat and that worked fine while at the marina.

pablor

Reaction score
i have the pump running and water is flowing but still with cold water it does not heat. The water was in the high 40's, nowhere near freezing. In the spring i have no problem with heat. I am not sure if the compressor is kicking in, i will check that next. i guess it goes into reverse cycle and it can get stuck?

southernstar

Reaction score
The unit I had the most trouble with was the one in the helm area. I did notice that the compressor was not kicking in at times. I will talk to my mechanic in the next couple of weeks and we will try to get some answers. Several times it would take like 40 minutes before it would really start working when water temp over 40. I may have seen your boat at Pirates Cove. I was their for 2 months. Name Seaclusion a ice blue hull. I think yours has the tower maybe. Anyway when I get an answer will forward what i discover. thanks,

pablor

Reaction score
Bought a $40 space heater from Costco. Best investment ever. That cabin is warm in a few minutes without running the a/c. The a/c definitely does not work when the water is below 40 degrees. Plus it works when the boat is out of the water in the spring! Highly recommend it. It has a thermostat and tip over protection and remote control. I have used it to warm up the helm in the winter as well...