Grady getting slapped around on THT

jtselios10

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have found with most THT guys who are brand haters have never owned the brand they bash. Every boat has flaws, but I would say from the pictures it looks like a post factory doing. I was at a dealer in Florida who had the same issue caused by a mistake of the technician putting the boat on there large hydrolic trailer. It was not a GW boat but it had same issue. If you go by everything you read on THT you’ll never buy a boat, they bash every brand and all the people who actually own the boats are wrong to them.

Reactions: RussGW270

HMBJack

Reaction score
Yes, I may have over reacted ("Someone should be fired") however I wasn't basing this on JUST the bow eye (very understandable).

My main issues were:
1. The uneven strakes in the photo. Could this be an optical illusion? or is the mold truly faulty and uneven?
2. The photo of the interior trim piece that was a very crooked saw cut (trim should have been installed at the factory).
3. The photo of the hole inside this same space (should have been patched before the boat left the factory).

After reading the THT post further, I discovered items 2 and 3 above were from a different boat. None the less - it went from a Dealer to a Customer that way. Yes I may have overreacted but I'm still disappointed in what they call quality.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Personally, the fact that so many Gradys are around, being sold for a good amount, out there fishing instead of all beat to hell....that said a lot more to me than a boat show display. It is why I keep going on the repairs to the boat I have. I know the "bones" are good, I just need to fix the rest.

R