Grady in the driveway after Irene

CWOT

Reaction score
sorry to see it.

We pull our boats around Labor Day too many times because of the Hurricane forcasts.

ahill

Reaction score
Andrew Pics

HsteadMarinaITC2weekspostAndrew.jpg

HstdDinnerKeyResearchVesel.jpg

AndrewDinnerKey.jpg

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Unless the Grady shown drydocked got damaged at it's dock, laying over on it's hull is ok as shown and will not damage the boat, the motors are up high enough it seems to protect them. Easy enough to get the Grady up onto a lift. Water can be pumped or drained out of the bilge if she took on water.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After Katrina, my 240 wound up grounded on a island about 150 yards from where my summer home "used to be". It was wedged between two pine trees, tilted a little to one side.

The insurance company didn't want anything to do with it and offered to total it and sell it back to me "as is-where is" for $500. I took the deal and spent about $300 on cable and slings and rented a come-a-long and with the use of a chain saw was able to pull it against some other pine trees to the water's edge. When we pushed it into the water, I put the key in and the old mercury optimax fired right up. Some cosmetic scratches but other than that, no damage done. It floated right off my boat lift and into the trees on the island. Other neighbors that tied their boat to the docks and lifts lost everything, including the docks and lifts.

Did I mention the $200 I spent on Bud Lite for my help?