Grady owners need to check this out!!!

Grady 228

Reaction score
Take a look at the profit margin that Grady White and dealers are making on their boats. I thought I cut a pretty good deal but looks as though there's alot more money I could've saved. Go to www.baertmarine.com and check out there inventory blow out sale. Bet you never will see these pices around. I'm not to happy because I bought mine two months ago. I'd have at least $20,000 more in the bank right now. :evil:

grady 306 bimini

Reaction score
this is funny i was just going to post this exact same thing! this is where i may buy my grady from they are offering crazy pricing espicaly whith the canyon and bimini!

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
not sure what you are referring to. the listing was '08 and '07 models. you indicate you bought an '09. i wouldn't sweat it since i strongly doubt you could have gotten the '09 228 for an extra $20k off.

striped bass

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out this web site. This is bound to generate many comments. Prices are attractive for sure.
ElyseM - I checked out several of the boats and they were all 2009. Keep in mind that the 2010 GW models will be hitting the GW dealer showrooms very soon so that these 2009 models will become last year's models in the not so distant future. My thinking is that (1) when normal dealer discounting, (2) last year's model and (3) incentive recession discounting are taken into consideration Baert Marine is thinking smart by jumping ahead by several months on these prices now rather than waiting until September.
I would be interested in comments from recent GW purchasers who are more knowledgeable than me and what they think of the pricing.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The have an '05 brokerage Marlin listed for 159,900, but I don't think that's a hot deal. I wonder how much the new Mariln sold for.

ReelCozzi

Reaction score
I bought their leftover 2008 Seafarer last fall and as part of the deal allowed them to keep it on the showroom floor - you may have partly made your decision after looking over mine :) Although we made a fair deal I am sure we could have saved or considered the 258 based on current pricing. They were also one of the few dealers willing to consider a trade in and offer a fair price at the time.

Overall I have been very satisfied with Baert's aftersale service and attentiveness to some warranty items.

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought Grady White dealers were not allowed to post new boat prices on the internet? Guess they changed their policy.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
striped bass said:
Thanks for pointing out this web site. This is bound to generate many comments. Prices are attractive for sure.
ElyseM - I checked out several of the boats and they were all 2009. Keep in mind that the 2010 GW models will be hitting the GW dealer showrooms very soon so that these 2009 models will become last year's models in the not so distant future. My thinking is that (1) when normal dealer discounting, (2) last year's model and (3) incentive recession discounting are taken into consideration Baert Marine is thinking smart by jumping ahead by several months on these prices now rather than waiting until September.
I would be interested in comments from recent GW purchasers who are more knowledgeable than me and what they think of the pricing.

took a while but i found what you where looking at. the "non-current gw inventory" tab was a little confusing. still didn't see where it says they are '09, but not looking for an answer. agree with your observations. in this economic melee if you can make money instead of losing it, you do it. and that goes for all products and services.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
not completely off topic, but i have to say that i've been telling everybody i know that if they needed "something" they should get out and buy it now (as long as they can afford it). once the world gets over this panic attack, prices will start rising (the fed is already worrying about inflation).

and if you need a new car; get it now before the competition evaporates. remember, dealers lower prices to get the sale before another dealer does. once gm and chrysler cut the network, we'll be back to the good ol' days of henry ford: give em any color they want, as long as it is black!

striped bass

Reaction score
ElyseM and Seafarer 228G:
Yes, it is a little confusing. Some boats are 2009 and some are earlier. E.g. under "New Inventory" I selected the 275 Tournament. The listing detail states this is a 2009 boat with a 2009 Yamaha F350. Same goes for the Chesapeake 29. However, the 305 Express is a 2007. Does this square with your reading of this dealer site?
I am very curious to see if these boats move at these prices.

striped bass

Reaction score
Tashmoo:
I have been waiting for you to weigh in on this post. I have always been a fan of your 275 and the way you fitted it out. I like your single F350 and prefer the Bimini to the hardtop. I would greatly appreciate your comments on the 275 pricing in the Baert ad. The ad does not seem to omit any of the standard 275 features so it seems that there are no omitted "must have" or standard 275 features.

striped bass

Reaction score
ElyseM:
Clarification: It was under "Pre-Owned" that I selected "New" and found the 2009 boats listed. Still very confusing as to why "New" 2009 boats would be listed under the Pre-Owned tab.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grady 228 said:
Prices are gone of the web and site re-designed. Hmmmmmmmm!

wow! what if some junior staff posted the dealers invoice by accident? i remember a long time ago somebody at a company i worked for left a payroll register on a copy machine. :shock:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We all know the state of the industry, and if deals has to be made, they have to be made.

I didn't see the pricing, except for the 36. It is an 08, and with 2010 model year boats coming in a month or so it will be quite a non-current boat to move.

There is likely 25-30 points or so of margin in these boats - maybe even more on the 36s and that there are factory rebates and incentives, the dealers not only can but MUST deal a soon to be 2 year old non-current boat.

If you have the money, the best time to buy a rig of this size is in a recession when financing is tight, dealer inventory is flush, and buyers with cash willing to spend are few. It would be even better if were October and the dealer is looking at carrying it over yet another winter, that is when you go dealing.....