Grady Pleated Vinyl

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Comparison of what? As noted I redid bolsters on my 2001 more than a few years ago. I did use Seaquest Chalk and it wasn't a perfect match color wise but it was a perfect match physically; pleat thickness, width and welded seams size.
Disclaimer: In general I don't see colors all that well and I wouldn't rely on my color matching abilities at all:)

I mean, how about a comparison from someone who thinks they can see colors well? :)

My boat is a 2002 - I have no idea what is on there now, but what is on the cockpit seats vs the bolsters is clearly different material. I don't know how "original" either one is, but I figure if all the previous owners also tried to match the vinyl then I should too.

While I am fine with getting "looks the same" it doesn't seem like it should be impossible to get something that is actually the same. I have seen both seaquest and nautolex referenced as the OE vendor for material. Just looking to narrow that down.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Sea White was perfect for me. The 90 deg piece has a series of pie shaped pieces (approx 6 sewn together (pie point up) to make the corner work well. Very easy to sew with a walking foot attachment on a sewing machine.

Greysailor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’ll let someone with a better memory jump in, but I used the other Seaquest color. It was a perfect match for my 2000 228 but many of my cushions were stored year round in the cuddy.
What other color did you use. I have 99 228, and want to redo the side bolsters.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Sending my coaming pads to A&J during the off season this winter. Since they are Grady-White's OEM for enclosure they should have the correct vinyl to match.

Reactions: ilmmct and grady33

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Sending my coaming pads to A&J during the off season this winter. Since they are Grady-White's OEM for enclosure they should have the correct vinyl to match.
Did you get a quote? I had them put new eglass in my enclosure. Good people.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did you get a quote? I had them put new eglass in my enclosure. Good people.
No. Don't really have anyone around me I trust to do it right. Lee and gang did my full enclosure and new storage bag in hardtop for me when I got my boat. We stay in touch, she knows I'm sending them to her this winter. She's fair on her prices, so wasn't worried about a quote from her.