Grady Shutdown?

okletsfish

Reaction score
Today I read on another board something to the effect that Grady is cutting back or maybe closing.I figured it was BS,but maybe someone here could shed some light on this.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Several have reported they have cut back production and gone to a 32 hr week to match reduced demand. That is good business sense. We have already seen some less established and marginal builders close chop. I expect the well managed and top tier builders to wx the storm. Others may not.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
This was discussed during our plant tour on 22 May.

The production folks are on a 32-hour, four-day week. They are making 5-6 boats a week, down from the usual 7-8 a week. (The high of 11 a week was some years ago). The line is closed on Fridays.

I'm pretty sure that office staff are on the regular five-days.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
We visit our local dealer in middleton quite often and talk to everybody there (never stop dreaming about the BIG one :D ). Haven't heard any rumblings of tough times. They are always busy and seem to be moving their boats.

PMD 205

Reaction score
ocnslr said:
This was discussed during our plant tour on 22 May.

The production folks are on a 32-hour, four-day week. They are making 5-6 boats a week, down from the usual 7-8 a week. (The high of 11 a week was some years ago). The line is closed on Fridays.

I'm pretty sure that office staff are on the regular five-days.

Uh, I think thats 5-6 a DAY, not week.