Grady Touch up paint

BrinkOut376

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 366
Any of you guys heard of touch up paint “pens” for pipe work painted in Grady “white” by the factory? I know I am bound to get a knick here and there and would like to be able to touch up while fresh to keep it from growing.
Jason

seasick

Reaction score
Are you asking about gel coat chip repairs? If so you can get a small bottle of gel coat paste for a not so small amount of money. The newer the hull, the more likely the color will match. Spectrum Color makes the paste.
Here is one example for 94 model year

Grady White dealers also sell the kits

BrinkOut376

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 366
No sorry, should have been more specific. My boat's aluminum pipe work on the Hard top, rod racks, and around the helm area was painted at the factory with the "Grady White" color. As the action heats up weights, gaffs, hooks, and bodies seem to make their way around the boat and can/have caused "knicks" into some of the paint on the aluminum work. Looking for a "paint pen" or something similar in the Grady White color to fill in those knicks to keep them from oxidizing and spreading. Figured if something like this existed, you guys would know about it.

Attachments

• Painted Pipe Work.jpg
    Painted Pipe Work.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I would imagine they are powder coated, but it's fine to use paint on top of that. Since you're right there at a dealer, I'd ask them to start with. If your MM doesn't sell Grady, just call a local one. However, if no one chimes in with an exact answer, or there doesn't seem to be one available through your dealer/Grady... A local auto body paintshop can make something for you. You probably don't have anything easily removable, but you can get paint ships/sample cards and match it up that way.

Caburke1

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I've used Magicezy 9 Second Chip fix on my gel coat for minor nicks and it works really well. I think it should work on the powder coat too. Check their website, they have a color match for Grady.

seasick

Reaction score
I've used Magicezy 9 Second Chip fix on my gel coat for minor nicks and it works really well. I think it should work on the powder coat too. Check their website, they have a color match for Grady.
I didn't know of this stuff. The web site seems to say that the Mega Fusion is more appropriate for aluminum ( assuming your frame is aluminum. The 9 second product is more of a gel coat product.
I was hoping to see colors by make and year but all I have found so far is off white.
Hopefully more folks have experience with this product