Grady White 208 Adventure mooring cover suggestions

bicyclops

Reaction score
I am looking to put a mooring cover over my boat. Any suggestions on where to buy or what to use?

KingJ

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My 2 bits are to find a local marine canvas maker and have them come out and measure up exactly it is you want. “Sunbrella” seems to be the leading canvas brand, but I’m sure there are others just as worthy. The boat may already have snaps or lift –the-dot fasteners already in place for a cover that you could utilize. The fit and durability of a custom cover will most likely be worth it in the long-run.

RBallou

Reaction score
Cover

You can get a full cover that is a semi-custom fit for the 208 from TaylorMade for about $184 on sale. Look them up on the Web

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
When I had my 208, I bought a custom cover for it, made of Sunbrella, from Boat Covers Direct. Ran about $450 if I recall. Fit perfectly, and the one time I tore it, I sent it back and they repaired it and returned it in a week or so.

http://www.boatcoversdirect.com

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Cover

RBallou said:
You can get a full cover that is a semi-custom fit for the 208 from TaylorMade for about $184 on sale. Look them up on the Web

I have one of these, fits great. Mine was about $250, shipped, from West Marine.

I did have to cut out for the outboard when tilted for storage. If you can store the motor down then the stock fit is fine. And I sewed out the pocket thet forms between the rails over the bow. Water would pool otherwise. If you get a lot of rain, a guyline from the nav light base on the windshield to the front of the bowrail prevents any pooling.

The tie-downs can be weighted with small sand bags made up from scrap sunbrella. For all I know they sell them in the catalogs. This is only for wet-mooring, otherwise it ties off to the trailer rails.