Grady White 228 Live Well Drain Hose Leaking into Bilge

Mars99

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First time using my live well, and once I pulled the drain plug, I noticed a steady stream of water flowing from the drain hose connection on the underneath of the live well into the bilge (I used a bucket to get all the water out). Even once the live well was completely empty, I have still have a steady drip of water into the bilge. It seems like the hose clamp is completely lose.

Any advice on how to get the hose tighter on the live well connection?

Mars99

Reaction score
Was able to tighten the clamp on the hose, but I still have a constant drip of water coming from where the hose meets the plastic fitting.

seasick

Reaction score
It is possible that the fitting has cracked, especially if it is nylon or a similar material. It is also possible that it is loose. You need to take it apart to check

Mars99

Reaction score
It is possible that the fitting has cracked, especially if it is nylon or a similar material. It is also possible that it is loose. You need to take it apart to check
That's what I'm thinking. Checked the boat in the AM and still have a drip.

UpperCap

Reaction score
Had what sounds like a similar issue. Problem was failed live well pump. Crack in pump housing. Thankfully caught it before it completely separated.

UpperCap

Reaction score
I have yet to find a live well pump that I can endorse.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You're talking about the fitting on the bottom of the livewell to drain it? If the livewell is empty, why is it still leaking water?