Grady White 232 Fuel Question

bls-fla

Reaction score
Have a fuel problem which appears to be water or crap in my main tank. Motors starve and shut down; I switch to the aux tank and it's all good. Does anyone know how the fuel lines from each tank are run? There are two lines from each tank going to the two tank selector valves. I'd like to know if there are actually two lines from each tank or is there one line with a "T" somewhere? I really suspect the tank but I'm trying to eliminate all other possibilities and of course avoid cleaning the tank.

richie rich

Reaction score
twin engine boats have 2 lines to each tank....tons of posts on the same problem...filters, draining the tank etc will be in the works in the long run.

bls-fla

Reaction score
OK, thanks. If there are separate lines from the tank and both motors are affected then the only common component is the fuel tank and its contents.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Check thse anti siphon valves, they can tend to stick at times.

I nixed mine when I had some problems withgcollapsed squeeze bulb and stalling when shooting the hole.

Ironically from both tanks to same motor. Also ironically, 2 of the 4 valves were found already removed before I bought the boat.

Got away cheap on that fix!

bls-fla

Reaction score
Thanks, BobP. Seems unusual that both anti-syphon valves from the main tank would go together but stranger things have happened and it's sure cheaper to check those than get the tank cleaned. I've read a lot of postings about whether or not to remove the anti-syphon valves but most say do it. FYI to South FLorida guys: I found a company on Craig's List that advertises mobile tank cleaning for $130. That number probably won't hold up when you learn they aren't real close to you, but it's worth a phone call.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
BobP said:

I nixed mine when I had some problems withgcollapsed squeeze bulb and stalling when shooting the hole.

that is not USCG approved

doing this will result in a 500K fine

do not do this guys!!!

buy the good stainless steel ones and they last a very long time!!!