GRADY WHITE 257 ADVANCE

ninodog10309

Reaction score
I just purchased a Grady White 257 Advance last year.. hasnt even been in the water yet,.. I bought all upgraded electronics.. Looking I only see 2 batteries... Is this a normal set up ??? Is there any other batteries besides the 2 in the console??.. has anyone added a 3rd or 4th battery ??

True Blue

Reaction score
Hey Ninodog

I have an Advance 257 and it only has the two batteries. I had a Sailfish before this boat and it had three batteries. The one switch went to two batteries and the two switch went toone battery. I suppose you could mount a third (or fourth) battery in the bottom of the console on the Advance.

Check out the Owner's Manual for the Cheasapeke 290 on GW's website and it has a wiring diagram and discussion about the battery set up I mentione above.

reelbeliever

Reaction score
I have a Journey 258, same hull as the Advance 257. I have the single F250. It has two batteries. Plenty of room in the transom area to add more batteries if you need it.

Remember though, that will add weight back there.

-reelbeliever

RDL0100

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 2008 257 and it only has two batteries. I haven't looked in a while, but I am not sure that there is room for a third in there.

stephendudra

Reaction score
I have a 99 Chase 263. It only has 2 batteries installed in it. I will say that I am not considering a 3rd battery to be my "House" battery. I am experiencing issues with my Raymarine C80 and the screen shaking. I belive this is because it is picking up some interference from the engine as it is running.

To isolate this, Raymarine has suggested that I install a house battery and use the house battery to run my electronics on. I am going to do that I think since the cost of these multi function units is really pricey.

After reading up on it, it seems simple enough to do. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!