Grady white 265 express waste vent

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
My waste tank seems like it’s filling too fast ,almost like it’s not getting into the tank ,when I remove the pump out cap it overflows from air ,im assuming there is some kind of vent blockage ,not not sure how to find it or what it actually looks like ,any help would be appreciated

Fixit

Reaction score
Model
Islander
what model? could be the vent has been plugged with TP. remove the hose and blast it out with a garden hose. find your black water tank, its the 5/8" hose that come off the top. they're not big tanks. could it be that it is actually full and are actually filling normally?

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
what model? could be the vent has been plugged with TP. remove the hose and blast it out with a garden hose. find your black water tank, its the 5/8" hose that come off the top. they're not big tanks. could it be that it is actually full and are actually filling normally?
What’s the easiest way to reach the hoses , I don’t think it’s full there is a lot of air pressure at the pump out cap when I remove it

Fixit

Reaction score
Model
Islander
where's the access to your blackwater tank? find the tank, then you'll see the vent hose attached to the top of the tank

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
where's the access to your blackwater tank? find the tank, then you'll see the vent hose attached to the top of the tank
I believe there are 2 hoses 1 bigger and 1 smaller ,very difficult to get at with my boat ,next boat will have easier access to everything if possible,lol

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 330 Express and had the same problem. There is a mesh screen in the air intake fitting that attaches to the hull for the vent hose. I pried out the mesh screen - problem solved. The screen was corroded and restricted air flow.

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have a 330 Express and had the same problem. There is a mesh screen in the air intake fitting that attaches to the hull for the vent hose. I pried out the mesh screen - problem solved. The screen was corroded and restricted air flow.
I’ll give that a try , the small little metal thing on the outside of the hull?

seasick

Reaction score
Yes, there may be a clamshell fitting. If so, it will be near the tank and on the outside of the hull

Reactions: loubeer

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I just got my boat out today and after power washing I got a pair of bent nose pliers and was able to pull out the mesh screen , it seemed all kinked up , hopefully that solves the problem

Reactions: loubeer

Jmdix123

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
It is very hard to get too and I hit the vent with the power washer from the outside, guess we will see in the spring