Grady White 282- Water Filter

christo15

Reaction score
After running the sinks in the boat the water pressure slowly decreases then stops. I continue to change out the filter that's located underneath the helm (got to it through a spot in the cabin located underneath the drivers seat) , but it just continues to get clogged. What do I do?? Thank you.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If your sure the pump stops pumping because of a clogged filter and not the pump starting to fail, pour a 1/2 gal of bleach in your fresh water holding tank and let it sit for a day or so.

'05 300 Marlin w/F250's

reelserious

Reaction score
I got tired of getting at that filter everytime there was a clog so I removed the screen 5 years ago. It is much easier to unscrew the faucet end if there is an issue. Unsrew it, clean the screen, screw it back on and back in business.

christo15

Reaction score
I appreciate it, but the filter I change is that one that's actually within the pump. There just must be a lot of crud in the tank. Would bleach get rid of all that? Thanks.

reelserious

Reaction score
I believe we are talking the same "filter". On my 2000 Sailfish it is nothing more than a screen on the front end of the pump. That is what would clog first and the only way to get at it was to remove the aft panel in the aft berth.

The answer to your other question re bleach is yes. If the crud is the black mold, then bleach will break it down.