Grady white Air Conditioning water pump

retiredflyer

Reaction score
Hello
I have the opportunity to purchase a 1996 28' sailfish. The problem is the owner states the water pump for the A/C needs to be replaced. My question is this, " Does anyone know what a water pump will cost" and, "Is this something I can replace myself or will I need to take it to a Grady White dealer and have them do the repair?"
Regards,
Walter

ahill

Reaction score
First determine why it needs to be replaced.
I thought mine was in death throes from the noise it was making but it turned out that the impeller set screw had backed out and the impeller was wobbling.
I priced them at Boat Owners Warehouse and found that the OEM pump was way more expensive than a different brand made by the OEM mfr. same pumps same specs but around $300 instead of $400.
Take the original one apart & you may be able to fix it.

gulfcart

Reaction score
I have a spare I had for my 33 Express that I dont need anymore if its the same. Brand new.. Will sell

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had to replace the water pump on my Sailfish and just last year on my Marlin. They both used the same water pump. I found it on line and shipped to me for $101.83. I found it at Drillspot on line. It was a Dayton Submersible pump model # 1P805A.