Grady White Deck: FIXED!!!

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I purchased a 2017 Freedom 275 via factory order and have had it for several weeks. The deck cap "pops" between the port and starboard consoles in several areas and is clearly delaminated. I'm not sure if the deck cap is single skin or sandwich but I suspect the former. In any event the "popping" was evident on my maiden voyage and certainly there is no water involvement as of yet. I suspect it is a result of a manufacturing issue but I don't pretend to be an expert. Has anyone had similar issues and if so how was it remedied? If anyone has experience with repair was it a long-standing and durable repair?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 2,485

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: New Grady White Deck Cap Delamination

are you saying there is no dealer involved? factory direct?

i wouldn't really worry either way, contact whomever you purchased it from and they will have it fixed. I've never had a problem with them stepping up. good luck, ron

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275

I ordered from factory via local dealer. Local dealer is awesome. They are working with me to solve the problem which is disconcerting to say the least (at least to me). Never imagined I'd be having this issue with a brand new high end / expensive boat. Anyone with experience regarding past repairs / resolution???

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

http://www.wsfa.com/story/32522731/hist ... cant-fight

happens to the best of them :mrgreen:

it's still just a product made by hand (not that machine made is better). things do go wrong sometimes. as long as it doesn't become your problem, you're good. if past experience is a predictor, they will do what is necessary. they went over and above handling some of my issues.

good luck, ron

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin

I had a about a 5" wide spot on a brand new Parker like that, although not in a high traffic area. They simply injected the void under warranty and it was fixed permanently.

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275

Thanks for the responses. I'm keeping the faith. A new GW has been my dream boats for YEARS and if this issue can be resolved permanently (like the Parker) I'm going to be a happy camper for a very long time. Aside from this issue and a couple cosmetic things that need fixing the boat is spectacular.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

There are few manufacturers of ANY product which stand behind their work better than Grady White. Defects happen but rest assured they WILL take care of you.
They have long been known to make repairs well past warranty. I can attest to this first hand.

GW has the best customer service of any boat builder I know. I will be buying my 4th once a few financial things happen.

Toddwein

Reaction score

I have had a 2011 275 and currently have a 2014 375. My experience has been that Grady White stands behind everything. I wouldn't worry at all. I am sure it will be taken care of. I love the new 275 btw. What motors did you put on the back?

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275

I have communicated with them several times regarding the issue - most recently today. They have reassured me and I have confidence it will be dealt with in short order with no long term issue whatsoever. I put 250s on the back. So far I'm really happy with that choice. It has TONS of power which I'll be happy with as I generally carry a boat full of adults, kids, and coolers. Plus I like being able to put lower octane EF gas in the tank. My prior boat had 200XCA engines and they were nice but I had to hunt for gas stations with higher octane fuel. The 200s would have probly been just fine on the 275 but I'm glad I chose the bigger power plants anyhow. I did not have the wet bar installed and instead I throw a YETI in that spot if I need it. I like the option of having the extra deck space. The boat has performed very well so far with respect to the ride - I am excited about the prospect of getting it down to the coast soon.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

see, that's what you should be focusing on. :mrgreen:

have fun, ron

yarbrowm

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
The team from GW fixed my deck today. Feels solid and looks like new. They really did come through for me and I appreciate it.