Grady White F26 walkaround info/help needed ASAP

Ericp44

Reaction score
Need some help as I'm planning on purchasing a 2000 Grady white F 26 Walakround. I already have a deposit on it.

I'm looking for any comparison between performance and cockpit room on a 2000 Grady white F26. The boat has twin Yamaha 200 ox 66's. I m looking for a slightly larger boat and I've always wanted a Grady. I have a contract on on the boat(pending favorable survey) and the "good, bad, and ugly" on the F26 would be appreciated? The boat would be used for walleye fishing on lake Erie and salmon fishing on lake Ontario. And of course taking the kids to the local beach via water.

My current boat is a 2003 Striper 2101 Dual Console with 4.3 fuel injected Volvo Penta and I'm also wondering how the Grady will compare to my Striper as far as size and fishing room is concerned.

Thanks in advance for any insight that you may have.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi Eric, welcome to this site.

I don't have any experience with that hull but want to make sure you know you can download past catalogs at gradywhite.com. You can get all the specs for that hull and any other Grady hull for any year. You can also download manuals. Click the Customer Information tab on the home page.

Good luck,
-Scott

suzukidave

Reaction score
the tiger cat is very different from other gradys. you would do well do to read reviews. google "tiger cat" as well as "f26".

grady only made that hull for a couple of years. there are not many out there. i guess the issue is whether it was because of poor sales or something else. the edsel was actually a pretty good car for its day, and i would buy one.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-for ... ercat.html

teaklejr

Reaction score
Hello. My wife and I have owned are 1997 F26 Tigercat for 8 years now and love her. I feel that some of what you will read especially on The Hull Truth is based on peoples hearsay. Someone says this or that and the the next guy just goes along with it without ever owing one. From my experience it is a great boat, handles rough water great, has plenty of space for 4 guys or girls to fish from or just hang out on. We repowered ours in 2007 with Yamah 200 HPDI motors and have gotten an average of 1.5mpg no matter what. That is a cruise speed anywhere from 22-30mph. Yes there are some things to get used to with a cat hull like it will pound between the hulls on a slow troll in choppy water sometimes, it will list from side to side when cruising along(mainly in calm water and higher speeds) it leans the wrong way when turning and you don't need to ever use the trim tabs. You just use the motors to trim the boat. This is one thing you will have to learn, they really need to be trimmed properly to get the best ride. I love the boat and have no intention of selling it anytime soon. Any other specific questions just ask and I will try and answer. It is alot more boat than the boat you have now. I hope if you are going to trailer it the truck you have is at least a 3/4 ton diesel. it's a lot of boat when she's on the trailer. They look huge out of the water.

Attachments

• sunny 3.jpg
    sunny 3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,881
  • sunnny.jpg
    sunnny.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,880
  • sunny 4.jpg
    sunny 4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,881

raisinkane

Reaction score
Eric, I take my 1998 f26 to the Bahamas every year from Florida. It came from the factory with Yamaha 200 SWSII which got 1.2 ave mpg. When I blew a powerhead in 2008 I repowered with Yamaha F200s and now get 1.4. I cruise very heavy at 30-32 MPH. It's a great rough water boat and you will love the way it eats up the chop. I run Power Tech 4 blade Props which give the lift to make this hull handle really well. Reading the World Cat fourm site on how to run, and service this cat will help you get the most out of this great hull.